MA Youth and Community Help please

S

Ok so i live a pretty hectic life and completing my thesis has been a struggle, finding time and the concentration to sit and complete it has been rough and now i've left it pretty darn late :( ..... I have about 6,000 words completed and got to get to 22,000 . the deadline is May 3rd and i am freaking out to say the least. It was an ethnographic study which i completed on young male Cannabis users. Do you think I have left enough time etc. and any other advice would be amazing or links to useful sites etc. anything really would be great.. Sorry it's just a little panic but it feels good to let it out!...

Cheers

R

Don't worry Soulboy, lots of people here have had a similar panic!

Can anyone offer support?

W

Do your uni have the 10% rule? because with your 6000 done you only need 13800, about 1400 words a week. Very do-able in the time. Shut yourself off from your hectic life for a few weeks, disable social networking, even turn off your mobile. Having done the study your intro, lit review, methodology and data should be a doddle as you should have based your study on a methodology and literature that I presume you submitted from your proposal? It is common practice to lift your proposal straight into your dissertation and just add to it. This is of course, unless you have gone for grounded theory, in which case you will have limited lit review/more a justification and derive your theory from the data. Speak to your uni too. You say hectic life but not mentioned what's hectic about it. If you have had work or chidcare commitments or been ill you mightbe able to agree a short extension. If it's just a case of submitting by 3rd May to graduate this year you may have to take it that if you don't make the deadline, they will still pass you but it will get to exam board late and therefore you graduate next year instead of this? You can do this. Soldier on ;-p