Masters application

T

Hello everyone,

I applied for a Masters Degree in late Novmber and still haven't heard anything. Should I sit tight or follow it up? I kind of need to know and am just wondering how long they could keep me hanging on! Thanks, Tom.

M

I'm not sure to be honest, but remember that no news is often good news. GOOD LUCK!

T

Maria1, thank you. Do you think that's true though? Surely they reply to strong candidates asap?

M

Is it for a masters starting in October 2010? If so, it might just be because you applied so early. Couldn't hurt to follow it up though, so you at least get some idea of when they will make a decision.

N

I would definitely follow it up, just email the postgraduate coordinator. Well done for applying so early though, and good luck!

Quote From tomF85:

Maria1, thank you. Do you think that's true though? Surely they reply to strong candidates asap?

Actually no- I am not sure why-could be that it is a long and tortuous process that involves lot's of admin, who then refer up to academic coordinators-not sure. But my experience is that once you have passed the first hurdles and are on the post graduate pathway, they don't just jump for joy and reply asap, even if you are a fantastic candidate. So don't believe for a minute that a slow process means that you are being overlooked or ignored-just means that it is a slow process. Good luck and hope you hear soon-it can be a very frustrating wait can't it?:-)

R

Follow it up, it's always good to know where you stand.