My father says Master in science has not good much jobs then going in buisness

T

hello,
I need help.
My father is pressuring me to go in MBA (masters in buisness administration) but clearly my interest lies in my field of Engineering in Electronics. His argument is that MS degree has very low jobs & high competion in comparison to buisness.
so i want to know does MS got very low job prospect ?
money is no motivation for me, i dont want to be CEO i just want a descent salary.
Thankyou.

P

Please study what you want to study, Your dad has lived his life. You go live yours.

T

ok i will do what my heart says. what are the chances of getting job after MS in USA. i want some return of my investment.
thankyou

======= Date Modified 04 Oct 2011 10:52:53 =======

Quote From Tejasvi:

hello,
I need help.
My father is pressuring me to go in MBA (masters in buisness administration) but clearly my interest lies in my field of Engineering in Electronics. His argument is that MS degree has very low jobs & high competion in comparison to buisness.
so i want to know does MS got very low job prospect ?
money is no motivation for me, i dont want to be CEO i just want a descent salary.
Thankyou.

Streuth, you're an adult and make your own decisions. Is he financing you per chance?

I always thought (if you wanted to follow a technical route) an M.Sc. would give you an advantage in your chosen field. I don;t see it being that different in the USA.

Do an MBA later if you want progress through management and even then with several years experience under your belt it may not even matter.

O

Hi Tejasvi, you will only do well in your career when you do things that interest you. No one can force you to make a permanent choice of your career. It is important that you make your dad understand. He will surely support you. You need to convince him that you can only do well in things that interest you. There is no point going for an MBA if you are not going to enjoy it. Take a decision and good luck!

K

======= Date Modified 21 Mar 2012 09:27:58 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
*Removed by mods - inappropriate content*