NEED TO KNOW,ISNT THERE ANY COURSE WHICH COVERS SIGN LANGUAGE/DEAF LEARNING

R

I possess a degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, i wish to run a masters program in sign language so i can realize my life long dream.i dont have the funds also.please give me some info.

L

there are plenty of evening courses throughout the UK. No one needs a Masters in it, you jsut do a normal course

T

Try looking at http://www.sense-ability.co.uk/intro.htm they have courses in British Sign Language there.

R

thank you very much, the website wa helpful.but i am in nigeria and would want to know how to get access to sign language training especially with a scholarship/aid.

I am doing a sign language course at a College in Shefffield, it runs 1 evening a week for 2 hours. I costs around £200-£300.
Year one Level one take 1 academic year (sept-June) to complete. Level 2 takes two years and after that you can be employed as a translater for deaf children in classrooms! Level 3 takes 3 years and is the final stage. After that you can do an interpriters course.
So it is entierly seperate from any course you have done before. You need no qualifications to take part! Hope this helps! PGFT