Day off sick - what do you do?

D

I've got some bug so I'm off work for the day - I could do the very last bit of my corrections and get them sent off but I have managed to:

- Watch Jeremy Kyle
- Watch lots of Winter Olympics
- Sit on the sofa and not do a great deal

Well, I am ill after all, but I figure I must be worse than I thought if I watched Jeremy Kyle!

T

I agree DanB, watching JKyle is a definite sign of sickness!

Hope you get better soon ;-)

W

No it's not - it's entertaining. Bear-bating for the noughties. I feel really good about myself when I watch it - about my dress sense, my dental hygiene and my current lifestyle. I think more people who hate their PhDs should watch it, as it will make them grateful for what they have.

In fact, if you have a few moments of procrastination you ought to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8vpNkj-g_Q&feature=related

Ah well, that's enough laughter, back to work for me...

D

Walminski, basically thanks, that was basically hilarious!

:-x

'toff'?

C

I think Jeremy Kyle really is like bear baiting for the contemporary. I hate it. Essentially the show encourages the viewer to mock the dramas, lifestyle, and accents, and poor expression of the usually poor people that are put on the show - feeling smug and secure at home - whilst the professional high salaried presenter soothes us with calm words and wisdon, "helping" people to "sort out" their problems - moving the audience to judge or sympathise accordingly.
Seriously, bread and circuses.

Urgh.

M

Almost wish I was sick so I could watch the ice-skating. Tempted to tape them and save them for my few days off at Easter :-) I love the winter Olympics.