flirting tips anyone?

J

verbal and suttle flirting tips only. don want to make it obvious that that's what am up to..

C

Urm, I dunno. I'm trying to attract the attentions of a colleage at the mo'. I'm not sure what measure of success I am having, but he seems to talk to me, and laugh....so maybe I'm not going totally wrong.

Maybe a new lipstick?

Or food?

J

food perhaps.... take it to his house or what?

lipstick.. i know, i know...next time i know am definitely seeing him, am gonna have a make over... and show him what he is missin..

chris - you might have served me at John Rylands on Tuesday... was that you? you couldn find the book i was asking for? couldn help thinking...hmm this could be chris.. where do you work chris?

C

Food: I dunno...you could cook Brownies (Nigella Lawson's recipe is fantastic!) or if he seems like the healthy sort...oatmeal cookies, flapjacks or bran muffins?

Nope - I don't work on any tuesday (Phd full day for me!) but if the guy who served you was wearing black framed glasses and was cute... that's the guy I like.

And ps- I'm sure I would have been able to find that book!

I think we should play a guessing game.....every time you go into Rylands have a peek and send me a post 'is that you chrisrolinski' ? with a brief description. lol
There's not that many male members of staff so it should only take a while...

D

I find phoning your best friend of the opposite sex after lots of whiskey and declaring undying love usually works.

J

Subtle means don't work on men, in my experience.

K

That is so true, (about subtle not working on men) I used to flirt subtley with my now boyfriend but I had to pretend to have hurt my leg for him to take the hint. (very lame I know, but who cares - it worked!)

D

Oh no. Going to see best friend tonight, havent seen him since the whiskey incident...

J

hmm chris, tempting me to go to the rylands now.. it's raining tho. maybe tomorrow. i will definitely look out for your crush.. and maybe you in the end..... could you be that quiet guy who sits at shortloans??? - again, he never found the book i wanted, so guess not.

hmm... guess i won't be suttle anymo then. been a while since i flirted with anyone. this PhD has made me such a nerd, i no longer have the motivation or the flirting skills i had back in the days . maybe it's time to jog my memory and see what i used to do.

awww, i was too full on. maybe not. .

S

Eye contact - you're supposed to hold their gaze for a bit then look away sexily. Unfortunately, I tend to overuse this technique and just end up looking like a mad staring stalker!

P

Yes & touch them incidently or casually when you are talking - like just brush their arm, or put a hand on their shoulder, but just for a second. Also hair flicking and slightly tipping your head to oneside when talking.

J

"Never seek to tell thy love
Love never told should be
For the gentle wind doth move
Silently, invisibly"

William Blake, an advocate of the subtle approach. Mind you he was an acidhead too.

M

DJW well whiskey induced flirtation eh, very stylish, so hows post doc life treating you?

D

I havent started my postdoc yet. Got a couple more weeks of freedom How are you finding Cardiff?

M

not bad, still not met that many people and yourself, you enjoying the freedom