Graduation

D

Eeekkk, I finally graduate on Monday. Feeling a bit reflective, all those years of work condensed into a few hundred pages, all the rubbish stuff that went on in my personal life that has made me stronger, all the wonderful people I met who I am happy to call friends, the knowledge I have gained and the healthy cynicism I have developed.

It seems strange that it's going to be finally "the end". But I'm ready to close the chapter.

Have a (gift) everyone!

D

Good on you DanB! Enjoy YOUR day!(gift)

W

Damn, I'm so envious of you having finished! Not in a push-you-in-front-of-a-bus nasty sort of way. I only hope that by this time next year I too will be in your position. I have to say, when I look back on my PhD journey thus far, I must be the biggest armchair action hero of all time. So much has happened in just 3 short years.

D

The weirdest thing is that the end bit all feels so dragged out. I had my viva last December; I submitted corrections late Feb and had my thesis handed in early March. It's the very last piece of the puzzle. Mind you having said that I have no idea where my bound copy of my thesis is, under some books no doubt somewhere...

B

Have a good day Dan :) My graduation was a few weeks ago. I actually graduated in absentia because due to the neurological disease it would have been too much for me to manage the ceremony. But it was still a very special day for me, which I will cherish. Enjoy yours too.

S

======= Date Modified 17 Jul 2010 17:08:44 =======
Hope you have a wonderful day - it is a bit odd when you've finished so long before the ceremony - it was like that with my MA - was told my result in Dec and it felt strange 'graduating' - not like the rush of the BA lol. It will be great to get your gown, hood and funny hat on though :-) They are putting up the marquees on campus for our graduations next week and i'm so hoping that maybe in a couple of years it will be me again! Very jealous :-)

D

That's exactly it, Stressed - the "rush" just isn't there. My masters graduation was about 3 months after handing in my thesis for that but I was doing my PhD so still in the "academic mode". I'm looking forward to graduation, don't get me wrong, I just lack the same enthusiasm as before. Plus I'll hardly know anybody there - only one of my friends who I did PhD with is going, so that'll be nice. I'll just enjoy all the Pimms :D

S

Only four out of 18 of us showed up for our MA graduation! Was really nice though all the same and yes, the pimms!!!! Its the essential part of a graduation party :-) I never drink it any other time but it was there.... so was the wine on tap.... oh dear..... I don't remember getting tipsy after BA graduation but don't remember much about the aftermath of the MA ;-)

S

Congratulations Dan!!!!
such wonderful news
have a wonderful day tomorrow
love satchi

C

Congratulations!:-)

F

======= Date Modified 17 Aug 2010 12:31:26 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Congratulations buddy , if you are want to further any courses then use our services.... *edited due to advertising*

A

Have a lovely day DanB, enjoy the hangover tomorrow! :)

D

Thanks all. Had lots of pimms, was a lovely day even if I was absolutely baking in my suit and gown!

And positive words - if I can do it, anyone can!