Guilty Pleasures?

D

I've just enjoyed a guilty pleasure and wondered what yours were? This shall be a confidential and non-judgemental thread with no mocking allowed (ok maybe just a little mocking!)

My guilty pleasure is.... looking at trashy celebrities on twitter :$ I don't even follow them because I don't want to go 'public' with my interest

Ok your turn... 'fess up!

i've just posted about my twilight obsession. I also like to lurk on an old wedding forum I used when getting married, its full of chavvy freaks who get really stressed about napkin colours, but it can be VERY amusing and they all get into fights with each other and shout 'troll, troll'. I also like to move my dog aside and have an afternoon sleep on her dog bed occasionally :$

B

Dunno if its a guilty one but looking up Gibson, Ibanez guitar sites and spending my first post PhD paycheck!

D

Sleeping on the dog bed is a strange one sneaks! How on earth did that develop?

I wouldn't count that as a guilty pleasure Bonzo - just part of being a PhD student! I regularly imagine post-PhD spending!

hmm - its warm, next to the radiator, and comfy and my other half used to do it when we worked in the same office (now he is off swanning around doing a proper job) so I have continued it. I usually go and sit on it to read and then fall asleep. It is a large flat dog bed though, about half the size of a single mattress - it isn't a basket as such haha!

I can't imagine post phd money - i can't believe such a thing exists, just a pit of moneyless despair

D

The dog bed makes more sense now - had images of you curled up in a small dog basket... the kind of thing you imagine someone doing before they are carted away by the men in white coats ;-)

M

Reading (entire) novels and playing puzzle games are some of my worst or getting back into bed after showering&drying my hair :$ oh and looking up my imaginary future home online!

ah yes, searching right move for houses £500k - no maximum and then drooling and then having the horrible feeling of eternal poorness wash over you. hmm

I also spend a large amount of time doing research, not for my PhD, but for other stuff, like "I wonder why X does y" and also A LOT of medical research about ailments I think I may have or had have at some point haha

======= Date Modified 19 Jan 2010 17:41:19 =======
double posting soz

Here are mine

1. Eating pick and mix sweets in the cinema on a wednesday afternoon: it's my regular thing, can't wait for tomorrow!

2. Watching Come Dine With Me - I get reeeaaallly excited if there's a week I haven't yet seen...

3. Messing about on here far too much.

S

Streaming American TV shows through a Turkish website. Currently watching Dexter series 3. his has had a strange impact on facebook, as it now thinks I'm Turkish.

Also, does drinking alone count? Few beers, music on headphones and gazing out of the window with the lights turned off (to reduce glare.)

C

My latest one.... Playing Farmville! started in that dead period between christmas and new year, Just made level 22 today.................oh dear

B

My guilty pleasure is watching The Hills. If you haven't heard of it, it's a (supposedly) real-life programme usually on MTV/Channel 4 which is about a group of young people who live in LA, have loads of money, and do absolutely nothing. It's the crappiest programme ever, but it is so unbelievably addictive. I have all of the series on dvd, and I never get bored of watching them over and over. My boyfriend also recently realised that the latest series is on TV, he made the mistake of telling me, and now I watch it even more! I always google it to find out the latest gossip, I feel like I actually know the people in it.

My second guilty pleasure is anything to do with Harry Potter...although I'm not embarrassed about this, he is incredibly cool. I think I've watched each of the films at least fifty times, I watch one every week and I am yet again in the process of reading all of the books (on number four at the moment!) But it does get worse- I have made my boyfriend promise that when we get married we can go on our honeymoon to Florida so I can visit the Harry Potter themepark :$ at 21 I'm a little worried that this is rather odd.

So there you go, the reason why I never get any work done is my fascination with The Hills and Harry Potter!

With you with the Harry Potter thing - and I nearly went to orlando for honeymoon just for the rides, but the humidity put me off a bit - am a cold weather person (so I went to africa:p ).

The hills is addictive. My other half is always saying "but its all scripted" but even though I know that, I can't take my eyes off the screen! The english version wasn't as good though.

W

The only guilty pleasure I have at the moment is drinking cups of Yorkshire Tea.