guitar players-question about tuning

M

Hi Guys, I've only been playing for a few months and my lap top has broken, leaving me without an interactive tuner. SO, I'm wondering what is the best way for me to tune my classical guitar? Any recommendations? Thanks, Mar. x

i don't play the guitar, but I do play another stringed instrument (trying to keep a veil of anonymity here) and don't they have harmonics? so if you get one string tuned, the rest can follow through matching the harmonic with the pure string?

M

Thanks Sneaks, I've adopted a somewhat unconventional approach to learning guitar, which is why I'm a bit clueless. I've relied on itunes applications to get me this far, and am now a bit lost! Will look into that...xx

======= Date Modified 24 Mar 2010 12:50:41 =======
iphone has loads of guitar tuners if that helps. I never learnt it because the hand position I use for my string instrument is so diffferent to the guitar and it just felt wrong. My brother is a classical and spanish guitarist which I am deeply jealous of because he doesn't just strum chords out, but actually plays intricate melodies etc.

Edited to say he actually does it for a living and has a loads of albums boooooo and I'm a crappy wannabe academic :-(

M

Sneaks! My brother is also a professional musician. Best life ever. I sympathise 100%!

W
M

Perfect! Thanks so much. x

B

Maria - got a fab tuner/metronome for about a €5 from Aldi a few months back so maybe just give them a look ... C- Giant MT30.
Ya might have to look thro' the chainsaws and formula one wings though ha ha

Bit of an off kilter suggestion ... if you have still access to a work PC, look up tuning on youtube etc., use Zamzar to convert the applicable clip to MP3 and then put it on your phone - you'll always have it then.

Best of luck and keep up the music
(up)