I can't believe it- am so embarrassed!

K

Oooooops. Some of you might remember that doctor that I complained about the other day- the one that was really horrible to me. Well yesterday I put in a formal letter of complaint. This evening I was having my personal training session at the gym, and was having a bit of a rant to my personal trainer about him (although I didn't mention his name!). I must have been ranting for 5-10minutes then all of a sudden the guy on the next machine turned round and said 'I am listening you know'....It was HIM! The nasty doctor! I was sooooo embarrassed I didn't say anything....I'm mortified! Sorry- had to get it out of my system. My personal trainer on the other hand thought it was hilarious! Am still bright red....

KB :(

D

Awwww! Hopefully you'll soon see the funny side of it, and maybe he'll take note !

serves the fool right!

W

What are the chances of that? Of all the people it could have been on that machine next to you, at that particular time, on that particular day...At least he's now clearly heard your side of the story.

Hahaha. Oh dear, I can totally understand why you're mortified, but if you'd planned it you couldn't have come up with a better way of telling him how you felt! At least he's going to take notice when the complaint comes to him! And I'm sure this falls into the category of something that (to quote The Smiths, if I may) 'I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible'....

A

OMG, there must be a thesis in the likelihood of that happening!!

ah, at least he knows you're putting effort into your health by being at the gym. That is so weird though! I have to travel for 45 mins to see my consultant, I can't imagine seeing them locally!

P

For anyone that watches it, this sounds just like a scene from an episode of Miranda!!

I am a short version of Miranda!

S

hi keenbean
your story is quite funny :-) don't be embarrassed; that doctor deserved to hear it :-)
I love miranda too; few nights ago she was drinking out of the briefcase (in the psychiatrist's office)
:-)
love satchi

B

I just read your other post. I wouldn't mind. But what a coincidence!

S

OMG, OMG, OMG! I would have been too mortified for words! That is so embarrassing! I recall how I went off on a rant regarding my MSc supervisor to a friend while I was doing my Master's and I was being really expressive about it shouting my head off about how nasty he was and if thought he could push me around and treat me in any way he wishes, he is mistaken bla bla bla when to my chagrin he greeted me right there (my back was turned to him and hence I had no idea he was present)! You can\t imagine my condition then - my face  turned a shade of beetroot red and I was unable to utter anything, was just standing there opening and closing my mouth like a fish! I must have looked so stupid and oh so guilty!!! LOL! I'll be honest with you - at the time, I thought that was the worst thing that could possibly happen and was berating my friend for not warning me and I was really freaking out about the whole scenario, but surprisingly it had the opposite effect on him - my friends' predictions came true and it was actually good in a way that he knew what i actually thought about him and his unacceptable behavior and he literally changed overnight, because when I had my next meeting with him the following day, he was a changed man and he was very good to me from then on! So yeah, it is utterly embarrassing initially, but I can now look back on it and actually laugh about it instead of cringing! Hopefully, you too will be able to laugh at your scene somedoay soon, KB :)