Its Chriiiiiiistmaaaaaas

What are we all doing for Christmas???

I'm working most of the holidays and then spending the actual day at my father in laws - might get in some SPSS work while I'm there as it may be more entertaining 8-)

B

Leaving UK on Thurs for a whirlwind 3 weeks across 4 cities meeting school, college, uni friends, teachers and family !! Yoppiteee!!! :)

W

I have no money and no time for Christmas, this year. But this will be the last one I'll be working through one so, although resigned, I'm relieved. Ho, Ho, Ho.

J

Home with husband and children on Christmas Eve, my parents with all the familly on Christmas Day, off on Boxing Day on holiday for a week over new year - not taking any PhD or work with me as I owe my family some time:-)

Christmas Eve on neutral ground with my parents - hopefully a very expensive restaurant that my dad will pay for, then Christmas day spent between two friends' houses, probably quite boozy and then a good old walk home I hope. 2 possible extended family gatherings soon after boxing day, I may go to one. I may also get some PhD work done tadaaaahhhhhhh! Haven't done any since late September when my manic multi-city teaching schedule kicked in. Oh, and the ubiquitous mound of marking, but at least this year I'll be better paid for it due to some hefty negotiations in one of my departments. And some sales shopping, or at least browsing - I'll begin stalking likely lookking items in time for the mid-Feb winter sale bonanza period.

S

hi Sneaks hi everyone
I'll have to play catch-up with my writing this christmas
love satchi

This weekend visiting my family for my Mum's birthday, then Christmas itself with my boyfriend - our first one together alone, usually we're either at his parents' or my parents', but we decided to break that pattern before it got locked into a tradition that could never be broken. I'm going to take a complete week off the PhD, under instructions to do so from my supervisors, and we're going to see friends and drink too much and watch lots of tv and films. It's going to be great!

D

Wish I was a student again, I get the four days off but that's it this year, working the rest of it :( No more two/three weeks grazing and slouching!

S

I'll be spending Christmas Day here with my parents coming for dinner, then Boxing Day at the in-law's house (well, a couple of hours anyway if possible) I have a board paper due in the second week of January that I haven't started writing yet so I'll be working much of Christmas, but being as hubby is on nights all over Christmas and New Year I'll have plenty of evenings to work :-/

P

My and my partner's family are 200 miles away so we have factored in a few days over Xmas to see everybody - Christmas Day we will all be together which kills two birds with one stone (three if you include the turkey!).
But I'm looking forward to having some time when I have no other commitments apart from PhD work so I really have to make the most of it and write, write, write!