Lab Assistant/Research assistant work


Anyone know how easy/how to go about finding any sort of work within a lab, I'm planning on working through my summer holiday and I'd really like to find a relevant job to the Masters Im going on to, helping out at a lab seems like the best solution really...
Do I go straight to the department at my current uni? Or hit the papers/magazines?


We get a variety of MSc and BSc students doing summer placements in our lab.. It would be worthwhile trying to get a place at your current uni, so ask around and see if there is anything available.

Summer placements aren't usually advertised in papers and magazines as they are short term arrangements. If you know of any labs that do work along the lines of what you do then there is no harm dropping them a line to see if they have anything available.