mytomatoes users

B

Hi guys,

Random question for all you mytomatoes.com users.

How many tomatoes do you roughly get done in a day? On a good day I get about ten done, but that's on a good day and I'm not really sure how productive that is!

button

K

======= Date Modified 08 Jan 2010 13:25:47 =======
Hey Button,

I'm a tomato addict. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and my average at the moment is about the same as yours- ten. I was talking to my supervisor about this the other day and he was impressed! It may only be five hours a day, but at least your know its five hours of solid work. I am, however, trying to push my average up. Eventually I'd like to do the full 16 a day...Here's hoping!

Edit: that's 16 tomatoes= 8 hours (ish). Not 16 hours!

W

Not really a fan of mytomatoes - it reminds me just how long working for 25 minutes straight is!:$

P

LOL, walminskipeasucker.. so true, i think some happiness can be gained from a bit of productivity delusion :p
No, I did consider the mytomatoes - approach, but no, no for me (now it's too late). But hats off to anyone who is making it work, solid 5 hours work sounds good to me!

K

13 today COME ON! 8-)

B

Mytomatoes does take some getting used to!

Wow, KC, 13 is great! I managed 11 today and then went out for tea, so I don't think either of us has done badly today!

B

hate tomatoes

S

I love mytomatoes.com. As I said in another post somewhere, it helps me to realise that every minute counts, which is expecially important to me as I need to write so much to be done in 6 mths. I like the idea of structured breaks, and this helps stop me procrastinating and skiving off for longer than I should be. It also means that when I concentrate, I really cencentrate and know that the work I've done is solid.

I fluctuate - I find I'm really productive one day, then then take it a bit easier the next day. I average about 12 during week days, but every second day or so I have a big day and do 16 or 18. I do less on week-ends when I have some other commitments. I also use a chat room with other people who use tomatoes, and about 10 sounds like their average too. I'm going into overdrive at the moment, writing up, so don't think I'm typical.

Button, work at your own pace, feel good about what you achieve, and don't compare yourself to other students, too easy to feel others are doing better.

P

It's funny that.. After so many people were raving about the tomatoes, I gave it another go and after not finding it amazing the first time round, this time it actually seemed to work for me and I found it encouraging to see that I was staying focussed.. It is good in the way that you can track what you have achieved, or what task is taking several tomatoes... interesting... So, today I did 11 tomatoes.. which is ok (but nothing to write home about - Sue, I am amazed at your tomato targets during the final write up -20? wow..)

(sprout)

A

Just started using it, really like it after my initial scepticism. I did eight yesterday but have only managed five so far today (for various reasons).

Wow, there's some big-hitters below though :-)

C

Just signed up for my tomatoes and then had a 25 minute conversation about exercise with my office mate! not sure that's the best way to work it. Also my computer doesn't have a sound card so don't think I'd hear the timer. MAy have another go tommorrow though.

W

Quote From sneaks:

my tomatoes on the go! http://www.freshapps.com/pomodoro-technique/

Alas, it's for the crappy iphone.

I am not as my husband puts it 'an iphone nobba' - but I do like my little iphone, this will probably be the only 'app' I use though!

A

Nine today, I'm knackered!