Paper submission - awaiting final decision after awaiting admin processing

O

In contrast to normal "peer-review" steps, i have been experiencing a different problem. Let me explain.

It has been 1 month since I submitted an article to one of the leading journals in my field. During 1 month, the status was "awaiting admin processing". Recently, i have checked the status and seen that it is "awaiting final decision". Now it has been 10 days and it is still "awaiting final decision".

In past, i submitted many articles to many journals, however, there always been "under review" processes.

Does anyone has any idea why i did not see "under review" process during this 1 month ?

B

Two possibilities - it could be a desk reject and the editor is writing up why or it could just be that the status visible is a holding status while reviewers are sought. You can't do anything so try not to worry.

O

I dont know actually, it makes no sense to me having desk rejection after one and half months after submisson. Though no one can know what editors can do

Is it a small journal, in which case it might be due to holidays. I just submitted to a journal and got an auto reply saying to expect delays due to editor absences (only three editors).

The other option is that the two reviewers gave very different decisions and they are quickly asking for a third opinion.

O

Quote From rewt:
Is it a small journal, in which case it might be due to holidays. I just submitted to a journal and got an auto reply saying to expect delays due to editor absences (only three editors).

The other option is that the two reviewers gave very different decisions and they are quickly asking for a third opinion.

actually it s a very famous well known journal, as i said, the problem is i checked everyday and did not see "under review" step in evoluation.

O

I sent an email to the secretary and got a response. He said that there is an overlapping between my submitted article and my previous article, which makes no sense. Only common thing is the experimental setup, all other things are different. He said the editor will decide soon