Pressies

B

======= Date Modified 27 Nov 2010 16:12:01 =======
======= Date Modified 27 Nov 2010 15:54:28 =======
May I seek everyone's opinion on something sweet and nice in the midst of all the gloom and doom with the cuts and stuff?

If you were to receive a Christmas pressie, which one of these would strike you as truly sweet and thoughtful?

1. A box of chocolates (or whatever it is you like to eat)
2. A book that you'd surely like to read
3. A nice poem written about you and printed on crepe paper and bound into a handmade book(like a tiny 3 inch by 2 inch booklet of crepe paper with the poem spread over 10 of these tiny pages)
4. A collated and formatted record of your thoughts on say Topic X (let's say your expertise is in Jumbo Jets), so you can see how your musings and thoughts on your fave topic have developed with time.

Any ideas?

:-)

not sure I understand 4) and I think 3) is a bit soppy for me personally. I'd like 2)

B

Thanks, my vote is for 2 too, and 3 is a contributed idea from someone else which I had to edit twice to express correctly :P

C

4 has potential if done well.

2 is always good.

1 not too exciting.

3 good god no ... but that's just me.

B

:-) Already on Amazon, looking for 2!

N

I think 2 would be my favourite - I was pleased when somebody once bought me their favourite book that they knew I'd like as well.

J

I would like 2, but actually I have no time to read anything that isn't connected with my work at the moment. 1, would be nice, but like most people I have to nibble when I'm working, so would not be good for the waistline :$. 3 could be interesting, but possibly highly embarrassing, likewise 4.

What I would really like is a 'good gift' or similar for one of the charities I support. This year at work I have persuaded my team to join with me and we are going to get a gift or two from the charity books, possibly one to do with providing clean water, or a starter pack for a former homeless person getting their own flat, and a goat/chicken/bee or two from Farm Africa instead of buying the usual box of something.

B

Really nice ideas Joyce!