PT lecturer interview

A

Hi, I've just been told I got an interview for pt lecturer in science at local college. It doesnt give much info about the job other than science! but the college does cover NVQ up to degree level.
They phoned me because I'm away on holiday in two days and not back til day before interview!!! ARGHHHH!

I asked them if there was anything they would like prepared and she said she didnt think so but would let me know if there was. I had assumed I would be expected to give a short lecture style talk for 10mins or so, is it likely they can just spring this on me? Or is there other lab based things they might ask of me, or proof of certain knowledge?

This is totally new type of job for me so if anyone has any recommendations of what i'm likely to be asked to prove etc that would be a tremendous help!
This is my first holiday in two years and its only just over a week so i plan to make most of it and not spend whole time freaking out/preparing for this interview! (But i really want the job!!!)

Cheers guys

A

Read 'Wilt' by Tom Sharpe. That will do as prep.

I really don't think there is much you can do. Just be yourself.
I'm sure you will do just fine. Try and be bold and confident.
Teaching at a college is halfway between Uni and School.
There will need to be a certain amount of 'crowd control'.

A

Cheers Aberdeen Angus,

I know there's not much anyone can say, and I really don't want to sound funny by asking on here about it, just any advice would be ace, feeling pretty nervous about it!!

I will try and be all of the above :) i'm usually pretty good at crowd control and using my inherited "black look" to create silence (but i better not do that to the interview panel! :) )