Recommendation for haircut in Leeds

H

Think I need a chop - get rid of the bad luck. Has anybody been to Nicky Clark for a chop. Toni and Guy is just too hyped up. Not been to Vidal, yet. Any suggestions for a good, slick chop?

J

Which gender are you?

if male, I recommend the local barbershop for £6-£9. never seen a man going to toni & gay...

W

Yeah, Jouri speaks good sense: just go to a barber's shop if you're male. I pay £8-50 and, thanks to the anonymity of this forum I can write this, get my bloody money's worth: a number two all over. It lasts about 3 months, so I can look stylish and cosmopolitan for a mere 1 pence or so a day.

J

Gah. I pay 30+ quid for a (womens) trim, and it only takes 10 minutes. Rip-off!

A

Leeds is my home town. I haven't lived there for over 20 years but surely Headingley's full of student type hairdressers!

H

Got my hair cut in Otley for £15 and should last 3months. Thanks guys and gals. Nope, not had my haircut in Headingly,yet.

H

My hairdresser takes at least 45 minutes to chop the mop - even if they are little old men and ladies. Yes, 10mins jobbie for £40 is a right rip off. However, it is said that you can only get a good chop at top class salons. Wonder if I will ever have the dosh to try it? And I suppose I will have to be totally off the rocker to splash that kind of cash.

D

Where I lived during my undergraduate years, you could get a gents full hair cut for £3-50, those were the days!!! P.S This was only two years previous!

C

I pay £25 for my men's haircut. After my local barber made me look like Dr Spock I'm not taking any chances.

H

My hair is looking a bit wonky now: will need a proper cut. Cheap and cheerful is it not. Perhaps I should just let it grow into pony tail and forget about hairdressers for the next year?
Any thoughts on that?

J

Well, my personal opinion is that long hair can be attractive on men, but pony tails are not! If your hair is long I'd let it hang loose.

J

Mind you my hair's crap at the moment. I had an ill-advised fringe cut: I'll be growing it out for the next six months.