Rescue Remedy

N

Just a quick question - does anyone have any experience of taking Bach's Rescue Remedy for anxiety or panic? Did you find it worked - either physically or psychosomatically? I have just got a bottle, and I'd like to know a bit more about it, as I don't normally go in for herbal/homeopathic remedies. Thanks!

J

I use it before presentations, interviews etc and find it does help. I'm a great believer in homeopathic remedies. I thik they actually work as I ahve used homeopathic remedies on my children when they were babies, other people's children and my dog.

B

Quote From jepsonclough:

I use it before presentations, interviews etc and find it does help. I'm a great believer in homeopathic remedies. I thik they actually work as I ahve used homeopathic remedies on my children when they were babies, other people's children and my dog.

Your dog? Whatever for? Please tell me you've found a cure for naughty labradors that chew mail! :p

J

Sadly I haven't found a cure for naughty labradors (mine is too lazy to chew mail). I've used arnica when he had a very bad (three times weekly trips to the vet for three weeks for dressing etc becuase it couldn't be stitched) cut. Arnica ias great for reducing dleeding (including bruises) - eitehr topically or orally. (I first came across this through ante natal classes where there were a number of homeopathic remedies recommended to promote healing after the birth). The remedy that totally convinced me though was chamomilla (available as teething granules) which totally sorted the teething pain of both my children. And for the sceptics among you my husband gave soem to a colleague for his baby who had been screaming in pain on and off for three nights. Within half an hour of the colleague giveing them to him (not knowing if or how quickly it would work) we got a phone call thanking us for saving his sanity becuase teh baby was setteld for the first time in days.

D

Rescue remedy contains brandy, water and various flower extracts. Cheaper to buy a bottle of brandy and have a tot of that instead. It'll have a similar effect.