The Apprentice... Anyone watching?

T

I just started watching the new series of the apprentice last night - it never ceases to amaze me that the 'wannabes' continually make the same mistakes.. do they never learn!? There have been a few series now and you'd think that anyone worth their salt would use those as research material before going into the new series. And that lass who got fired last night - she was just awful! Especially with her made up words like 'Karmically', 'Comfortability' and 'Professionality'.. She made me cringe!!

Oh and I miss Margaret!

======= Date Modified 28 Oct 2010 16:19:56 =======
haha, that girl was a right idiot! I think I'm getting old cos me and hubs both agreed that as most of them were under 25 they 'will know nothing' lol (I'm only 26!). I don't understand how someone can have that much misplaced confidence! "I'm great at pitching" - no you're not.

I hope 'big eyes' goes next week, I think blondie might win it (girl whose obviously some city expert) but I like the goofy hunched one - sorry don't know any of their names.

I miss margaret too, she went to finish her PhD, maybe she's on here! *waves at Margaret*

Can you imagine having nick as your external!?

T

Yeah that blondie girl actually seems to know what she is doing.. I love your names for them!

Haha that would be fun if she was on here... Come on Margaret.. show yourself :oP

Haha or having Alan as an external (I would refuse to call him Lord Sugar - I find that a bit ridiculous)

C

I've been watching.
Has anyone noticed that they a lot of them (particularly the guys) have very blue eyes?
Melissa came accross so much better on "the apprentice you're fired" afterwards.

ah, I've not seen 'you're fired' yet - its on my sky+ to watch though.

I think the blue eyes must just be that they shine a special light at them or something in the board room?

I felt a bit sorry for that woman who went a few weeks ago, who hadn't done anything really. I find it very odd how he seems to just want people who are balshy and can sell - but would you really want to work for someone like that in a team? and how much selling is really necessary? surely Amstrad have a selling division, sure, but they must have a lot of non-selling roles?

I think the surgeon made a good point too - its all very well technically winning a task on one week, but in 'real business' you'd have to prove repeat business and build up an image, which is never really covered on the show.

Hope either 'big eyes' (she really does have HUGE eyes) or 'fat toddler boy' (stuart?) go next week.

T

Yeah the fat hobbit (as I have dubbed stuart) or big eyes should go next week..

I heard on the radio that that melissa had come across better in the after show thing

Winning every week is onething but in the real world you actually have to have a good relationship with your team - alot of the contestants have terrible social skills and are all very bitchy and snide.. I would hate to work with or for some like that.

ooh he does look like a fat hobbit!

Would you go on it?

T

Nah not at all

I did some sales repping straight after my undergrad - I am rubbish at it.  I don't have the mentality to be a sales person.. in the words of Melissa 'it is out of my comfortability zone'. Plus I found it to be a very unrewarding and boring job.

yeh, after 8 years in education, I wouldn't want someone to just say "oh, you're that freak off that show" when I go to interviews.

I too am awful at selling, problem is I can't be bothered, I'm not motivated by targets or bonuses. If I'd been there when they argued over whose book the sales got written, I'd just say "oh you have it, I don't really care" - which is why I'm rubbish at monopoly. I played it last week with a 6 year old, and told her I was going to donate all my property and money to charity and live in a gypsy caravan - she wasn't impressed.

======= Date Modified 29 Oct 2010 12:29:19 =======
Wow, imagine if Maragret logged on to the forum! She was aaaaayyyyyyce. I like the new lady too, but Margaret had this proper secret service old school top notch thing going on which was just fab.

Maragret, show yourself!

T

Haha yes she totally had the secret service thing going on! Maybe she is the real M?!?!

P

Oooh just saw this, yess me watching!!! Gosh that Melissa woman was such a jerk!!! She didnt even shake hands and said them to f off for 'ganging up' on her! WTF?!

I think the accountant woman might get the job. Or liz... dont know all of them too well yet.

stuart should have gone last night IMO, he clearly pretended to learn stuff about not being too pushy or a complete arse over the last few weeks, but was actually just not doing anything. Although I'm very tempted to adopt his team meating strategy with my supervisor "do you think I should write this chapter now, come on come on, decide, a decision has to be made, right I'm making the decision, its not going to be written"

C

Quote From sneaks:

stuart should have gone last night IMO, he clearly pretended to learn stuff about not being too pushy or a complete arse over the last few weeks, but was actually just not doing anything.

I loved Stellla's comment at the end when she told the other team that they'd been unlucky not to win and that they should have done! From Stuart's face he knew she was getting at him!

B

Stuart was an obnoxious prat. I really think Nick's comment summed it up "He makes me trembling with iirritation". Moi aussi. :-s