The Best

A

I am analysing about 10 schools in London, just to know who is the best.

Do you have any suggestions?

P

A completely obfuscating, thoroughly confusing and perhaps even pointless question.

To start off.. 'schools' would mean?

'best' in what?

What analysis?

For what purpose?

A

You are right?

SCHOOL THAT TEACHES PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMES AND, PLEASE LEARN TO TONE DOWN YOUR EMAIL WHEN YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT ACROSS.

THANX

S

adigun, there is no need to be rude! phdbug made perfectly reasonable points - how on earth do we answer your question with so little information?!
what 'schools'?
how are you comparing them?
what do you mean by 'best'? (this could be interpreted in a million different ways!)
what do you want suggestions for - do you want us to tell you which is the best, or do you want help in deciding how to analyse the schools?

P

======= Date Modified 03 Apr 2009 14:41:26 =======
======= Date Modified 03 Apr 2009 14:41:07 =======

Quote From adigun:

You are right?

SCHOOL THAT TEACHES PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMES AND, PLEASE LEARN TO TONE DOWN YOUR EMAIL WHEN YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT ACROSS.

THANX

I don't remember emailing you ;-) and good luck finding out the best school in the city!

And thanks Smoobles!

P

Adigun,
It's very difficult to avoid sarcastic responses when the (very helpful!) people on here see messages like yours day-after-day.....
As has already been suggested, you need to have some grasp of the 'data set' -- e.g. 'schools' -- that you're dealing with before asking for help. I could write several thousand responses to this, none of which would be helpful to you because they wouldn't gel with what you wanted.

R

You should really define what you mean by 'teaching professional programmes' too - what type of course, what level etc? Vocational, PhD, Masters, MBA...?

For example, we have some very professional teaching on PhD programmes in fashion theory at my uni, but I somehow doubt that is what you're after....

H

I heard that Imperial College's reputation for English Literature is terrible.

;-)

T

On a similar note, the music department at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry sucks.

B

I can tell you from firsthand experience that Oxford and Cambridge are both rubbish for "Witchcraft and Wizardry".

P

London schools, BHC, London schools!
You see we don't even read the details you provide!!
I'd generally advise against doing a degree and Medicine at the London School of Speech and Drama....

P

The best is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, I am convinced the train trip to hogwarts from kings cross is just to fool the muggles, Hogwarts is located somewhere near our suburbia...

S

A friend of mine did chemistry at the School of Oriental and African Studies and really recommended it. Well it had something to do with chemicals...

P

Yes, Chemistry lessons are generally held in their Students Union aren't they? I'd say that would be the best place to start your research...

P

This is my all time favourite thread now :-)