Those annoying little acts of rudeness (angry smiley)

J

Petty annoyance of the day: me, sat in the library using one of the many electronic catalogue computers. Then feels a presence behind me, and there's a girl, arms folded, staaaaaaring at the screen that I'm using.

Me: Can I help you?
-I'm waiting for that computer.
-Can't you use one of those? (several free machines; though admittedly she would have had to walk 30 feet to get to them).
-No.
-Oh.

She was there for bloody ages...hard to concentrate with a pair of beady eyes watching you. In the end I got up and pulled out the chair for her, and told her to please, take a seat (sracastically). Would have told her to bugger off but she may end up in my project group next year.

she must have had a special moment with that particular computer in the past. I think some people exists just to annoy others.

R

One time (at band camp) I was registering at a doctors surgery. And they only take on new patients between 10am and 11am. It was 2 minutes to 11am and receptionist wouldn't let me register. Cow. Then she calls me back as I walk off, changes her mind and says do you have all the documentation? I says yes. Then she says...well have you brought a urine sample with you?

!??!

Errrr no, I said. She hands me a little container to fill up for when I next come back. I went to another surgery instead.

H

you should have broken the computer, stupid girl (the weirdo, not you juno).

J

Well, I did dawdle over it to wind her up

it would be really funny if you were typing the message here while she was watching and transcript your conversation with her, while it is happening

You: can I help you

the weirdo: I'm waiting for that computer.

You: Can't you use one of those?

the weirdo: No.

You: Oh, ok wait then

the weirdo: Are you typing what we speak?

You: Are you watching my screen?

J

That would have been ace

S

You could have done the same to her two minutes later.

Weirdo: Can I help you?

You: I'm waiting for that computer .......and so on.

N

*LOL*, 404 and Sylvester!

Brilliant!

H

sylvester??? He hasn't even posted on this thread.

S

but I have now..

H

J

I think I'll designate this the whinging thread (and keep cheerful on the other ones). So: today's moan. I think you psychologists should study "Male Gang Mentality When the Sun Comes Out". Oh, there's gangs of British men, stripped to the wait, Carling in hand, yelling "Wooorgh! Get yer tits out yer dirty f***ing slut!" (or its variant, "Get yer tits out yer ugly f***ing minger"). Then there's the Eastern European and Mediterranean men with their choruses of "Zexzy! Zexzy!" sounding like bloody mosquitoes.

Why can't you walk past a group of men in summer without geting a barrelful?!

Sorry, I know I'm generalising and that lots of blokes don't do this. Just venting.

J

"Stripped to the waist", I meant. Oops