what are people up to for the summer

P

The undergrad semester and teaching for the year is coming to an end - last year my uni turned into a bit of a ghost town -esp August when tumble weed blew across the campus and the rest of the academic community apart from me and a few other sad indviduals vanished

Obviously H is getting wed but what are people planning for their summer? Is anyone taking any major time off, or going anywhere exciting?

R

I'm getting marrierd too! Then going to Eygpt for 10 days can't wait!
What about you?

R

oops sp Egypt i mean

C

I plan to:

a) continue working for cash and on PhD (though work will be slow sans students to borrow books)
b) nervously await the AHRC decision (the last time I am eligible to apply)
c) mourn the loss of my boyfriend to the USA for a month as he travels.
d) go to two conferences!

P

Summer? What summer?

S

work work work...!

D

errr that will be work work work here to

"work work work" for me too, just like the last 4 summers

P

I had all these vague notions of far flung places and writing up my thesis with a view and sound of the ocean over the summer - but alas it is but a day dream. Looks as if it'll be work for me too

S

I want to go somewhere for the month of August - in between submission and viva, but it probably won't happen...

S

i intend to get my drivers licence this summer. apart from that it will be work, too, but as i won't have a permanent home, i will be working at different places. hope that will turn out to be fun.