Signup date: 18 Jan 2006 at 10:27am
Last login: 21 Aug 2007 at 12:26pm
Post count: 412
well for my partner being in his overdraft is awful and he hates it, even 310 overdrawn! but me being the 'student' going 2k in the red was ok apparently cos im supposed to be used to it!! his parents when hes borrowed money make snide comments about me not paying my way etc which upsets me when i pay more than my share.
i think my boyf parents think im sponging off him to fund being a 'student' yet they never seem to realise i paid all the bills while he was not working!
ive resigned myself to the fact that until i get a 'proper' job i will be considered as being at 'college'
ive tried to explain i carry out research similar to having a job in research, and that i work long hours, and a PhD quite an achievement, yet the comments 'real job' keep coming up.. arg!! and my bfs mum then comments on her cousin who has a 'proper' Phd in physics... i cant win!
1) people who use up things in the lab and dont replace them so putting me back days!
2) people who use up things in the lab and dont replace them then yell at me as if i did it in front of others
3) drivers who cant follow simple lanes on the road and then beep at you when they almost hit you
4) shop assistants that chat with friends as they are serving you, rude!
5) being asked what i want to do when i finish 'college' how many times do i have to explain PhD!
ive seen RA posts advertised for 25K+ and post docs the same, some ask for PhD or say 5 years experience so i would not say a Phd is always necessary as by the time you would have done the PhD you would have gained the research experience in a job.do you want to stay in academia?
Masters DegreesSearch For Masters Degrees
An active and supportive community.
Support and advice from your peers.
Your postgraduate questions answered.
Use your experience to help others.
Enter your email address below to get started with your forum account
Enter your username below to login to your account
An email has been sent to your email account along with instructions on how to reset your password. If you do not recieve your email, or have any futher problems accessing your account, then please contact our customer support.
or continue as guest