why stars??

N

Why do the avatars have stars? What do they mean? I got one this moment... Why??

N

mmmhhhh... there are old posts with the same question but no answers... mmmhhh... I am confused now...

T

It means how helpful a user is. There's a button that says recommend user or something. If you press it on mine you'll see what happens ;-)

Quote From thecoastman:

It means how helpful a user is. There's a button that says recommend user or something. If you press it on mine you'll see what happens ;-)

Nice try Coastman...lol

The stars are explained on the "RULES" page. To view these rules, see link at the top of the page.

T

I'm sure this Neena character is much too smart to fall for it.

Quote From pete:

Quote From thecoastman:

Nice try Coastman...lol

J

couldnt find the button...cos id like to use it sometimes. have had some excellent help and advice on here and would love to work out how to click to recommend. oh well...il keep looking, maybe il find it sometime, someday.
Mmmm..... where do i click it?

J

5 mins later...still checking and cant find how to vote someone helpful :-(

T

Isn't it on the same bar as the Quote and PM buttons on the person's post that you think was useful. Isn't it called Useful? or something....

S

I can't see anything that I could use to recommend anyone! Maybe you can only do it once you've got stars?

S

Oh I've got it, its only when you start the thread that the button appears, I've just checked one that I started.

T

Oooops sorry, I should have mentioned that!