Winter is here!

H

Is anyone else quite looking forward to winter? I am - I think life would be boring if the weather and light always stayed the same!

Of course, come November I'll be looking forward to summer again!!

S

Yeah, in a way im looking forward to winter - lovely warm cups of tea (with a cheeky shot of whisky in it, hehehe) e.t.c. but coz the days get shorter, it feels like there's so little time to get any work done, which stresses me out a bit (hence the whisky!)

A

Christmas!!!!

C

The best thing about winter is sherry!

But if I had it my way it would always be summer.
(You can drink sherry on ice then!)

P

Coming into summer here at the moment. Yay! Already had a 37 degree day last week. Show me the summer!!!!

K

I'm already looking forward to Christmas. But January and February aren't very nice months.

D

The best thing about Christmas is mulled wine

K

No it's mince pies and those sausages wrapped in bacon - I think they should come with every meal!

J

I hate Christmas. All that false jollity, sending cards to people you don't like, eating food that hardly anyone likes, sleeping on a cold uncomfortable floor in some relative's house for 2 weeks, watching crap TV - all because "Its Christmas!" Sod that. I'll celebrate when I feel like it, not when the calendar says you must.

H

There's only one thing to say to that..... BAH HUMBUG!!

C

Oh I quite like winter...curled up nsug on the sofa in a duvet, reading... mmmmm with hot chocolate.

J

Yeah, I thought about adding the "humbug" myself but I figured someone else would do it for me

J

I like winter, actually - just bloody Christmas I can't stand.

In Leicester we get 3 celebrations for the price of one: the lights went up last week for Diwali, then stay up via Eid and eventually through to Christmas.

F

Winter...Christmas...I wait till after my birthday (the end of November) before I even consider both!

A

Wickid, you are so right about mulled wine. We've already planned the lab 'mulled wine and mince pie' evening, yum!