Wouldn't ask but...does anyone have access to the Journal of MIxed Methods Studies?

W

Hi everyone, I'm currently ploughing on with my methodology and wishing to God I hadn't done mixed methods - the philosophy is really grating. Anyway, I'm really struggling with my research question - turns out that it's not quite as straightforward as for monomethod studies. The thing is, I've seen a really nice article in the Journal of Mixed Methods that I'd love to read (but my uni doesn't subscribe to it) - it would be a massive help. I've tried every way to get hold of the article save for requesting it via my uni (which would cost £3-50!), so I wonder whether anyone may be able to pass me on an electronic copy if they have access to the journal? I know it sounds really cheeky, but this is one of those research defining articles that you occasionally come across as a student - I just know it. Please private mesage me if you feel you can help. Thank you :-)

J

doubt if my uni would have it, they never seem to have any of the articles I want! but surely they can get it as an inter-library loan? If you have to pay for it - would it count as an expense item? (That's the way I'm getting my new printer) Failing that, e-mail the author(s), they might send you a copy if they are feeling generous.

M

I went into Sage Journals (which is the publisher) but wasn't subscribed to that particular journal.

A

Sorry, not in your field, but how are you?

W

Someone has helped me with it, for which I'm really grateful. Thanks for your interest and help everyone.:-)

W

Quote From joyce:

doubt if my uni would have it, they never seem to have any of the articles I want! but surely they can get it as an inter-library loan? If you have to pay for it - would it count as an expense item? (That's the way I'm getting my new printer) Failing that, e-mail the author(s), they might send you a copy if they are feeling generous.

Hi Joyce, I did originally e-mail the author (the Godfather of mixed methods research, Abbas Tashakkori) about a week ago, but he never got back to me :-s I'd have put it on my expenses too, but it's already been spent on a netbook for my work. Thanks for having a look for me though.(up)

W

Quote From aloha:

Sorry, not in your field, but how are you?

Hello, Dr Aloha...

I'm a busy a bee,
it's more challenging than fighting Mohammed Ali,
and I'm really hungry, can't wait for my tea,
thanks for asking after me ;-)