Aaaagh annoying music next door

P

I've got a headache and I'm trying to work and now next door have put on annoying music of which I can only hear thump thump thump. I've put on my own calming music to drown it out but can still hear the thump thump thump. I think I may go mad!

O

This is when opera is handy--esp. the kind with shrill sopranos that break glass. You could share this with your neighbour, and they might get the idea...You tube has great opera clips if you haven't got any opera on hand yourself...

C

That happened to me yesterday - it's a nightmare! I had to listen to heavy metal for five hours, plus my neighbour had one song on repeat!!! Consequently, I didn't get much work done!

G

You're not in Postgrad halls then, as they have regulations on suchlike?

P

No, I'm at home and don't have enough time to travel to the library at uni.

N

Gee, happened to me once. My neighbours threw in a party at 10pm on... a Sunday. I was to be up at 5 am the day after (to go to school, teach, and be assessed) and two of my housemates were to be up at 6 (trainee nurses, learning how to get blood samples, no further details needed I guess).

We called the police at 2am after going to the neighbours' FOUR times, and the police wouldn't turn up. Said we had to complain by the City Council and... neighbours might get their stereo equipment confiscated!

I ended up calling their landlord the day after (whom happened to be ours too), and I don't know what he said to them but that proved REALLY efficient...

M

I just dont understand why people are so inconsiderate towards other. Why cant they just listen to it using their headphones , is not like anyone else wanted to hear the music as well.