Advice on planning of intensive study period

K

Hi,
I've got a child-free fortnight, starting from today, and I am wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to structure my day so as to get as much PhD work as possible done during this period (aiming to submit thesis at the end of the year), as I'm not used to this abundance of time? However, I've still got a lot of writing and even more editing to do, so there is plenty I should be doing and ideally complete more than I can possibly imagine. Thank you!
Kamtil

M

There is an online program called my tomatoes. Time it so that you work at least 8 hours a day - 4 good hours in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. Otherwise you may see this period as your opportunity to procrastinate, thinking that you have way too much childfree time in your hands (in fact, it's only a couple of weeks and you need to make the most of them).

Alternatively, you work in your local library instead. You can even alternate working from home and working in the library. The library will put you in the mood to do more work, especially if you see people reading and studying around you.

Mara Sp.

T

I am currently working 12 hours a day to write my thesis and I'm also aiming for a first draft by Christmas (not going to happen for me, but hopefully will for you!).

My strategy is to be in the office by 9am and leave at 10pm. I plan out my next day before I go home. I prepare both lunch and dinner on Sunday for the whole week, so that I can still eat healthily and not be distracted.

It's not easy, but it is working! So far I have submitted one chapter and had the feedback"it's good", so that's encouraging!

Good luck!