Advise Needed

I

Hi, I have come to know about a special issue call for papers. The two special issue editors for the collection have written in the end of it that ‘To discuss initial ideas or seek editorial advice, please contact the special issue editors by email’. Since I haven’t even started publishing my work since I did my PhD last year in May 2013, and this issue is very relevant to one my key findings on which I wrote a chapter in my thesis, therefore, I am really keen to avail this opportunity. I however need advice regarding the following: Is it okay if I give a brief background of my research [2 para detailing my fieldsite, methods employed, and the group of women I have researched upon] and then tell them my initial idea and the sections that I have chalked out for the paper? Like after having written this, its about two and half page thing. Or shall I give an abstract of 500 words? Actually I wrote the abstract first but then thought that it’s not speaking out very clearly the relevance of my work to the special issue theme. I am willing to work on it for two more days though. I welcome any advice in this regard. My field is anthropology.
Thanks and regards

M

I would offer the abstract as an attachment and a summary of my research on the main body of my email to them (try to shorten it somehow, if possible).

I

Thanks for this piece of advice. Also is it possible for you to share with me your entire experience of writing a paper (if u are from social science and humanities) as I am really excited about this but am scary also since this would be my first serious writing ever since my PhD writing. Like sharing your experience as to how did u manage to discipline your self? did u read and write everyday or did you fix specific days for it? Also did you use to send your drafts to anyone for reading even while you were writing etc.
I 'll be grateful if you take time out to share the experience with me.
thanks and regards