Any idea where I can get a loan from

K

Hello everyone :)
I'm a post-graduate student. I'm looking to get a car and need an extra £1000 to pay for it. Anyone knows where I can borrow this sum from? Most loan companies will probably reject me because I'm a student :*(
XX

K

Hi, are you a homeowner? Would have thought if so you could get a secured loan regardless of being a student? Have a look here, seem to be student friendly places!
http://www.interstudent.co.uk/top5_loans.php?gclid=CPH_-bzNjYwCFQNfgQodWCDT4Q

Are you funded by anyone (university, research council or a private company)? If so, your bank would understand your situation. Did you speak to the manager? Or, if you are applying for an online loan, don't tick the student box (because they will assume you haven't got a regular income) but tick the "employed" or "other" box and state that you are a PhD researcher / doctoral student. It's only £1000, so your income (if you are funded) should be enough for that amount.

S

i got one from my bank. dont use loan companies there interest is crazy! my £1000 is only costing about 50 in interest. i did it over the phone as if you tick student they reject you!