Anyone used Proquest Dissertation Express?

F

Hi,
I needed to get hold of a US dissertation (I'm UK based) and after lots of googling found Pro-quest's service Dissertation Express. My uni doesn't subscribe so I had to pay myself for the dissertation I wanted. I went
for the pricier but (I hope) safer option of having it courier delivered (PDF not an option for this one at the time of ordering - although having checked back it is now one of the choices GRRR).
Has anyone used this service before? When can I expect it to arrive?
I'm a bit concerned as there seems to be no way of tracking your order. One place on the site says 4-5 days, another 7-10 (is this international or US - who knows?)
Anyway, if you have accessed a dissertation in this way perhaps you could let me know when to worry?!

Also, any hints/tips on accessing dissertations in general gratefully received.

L

Is it possible to ask the person who wrote the dissertation for a copy? I don't know much about these things.

M

======= Date Modified 06 Dec 2009 06:28:02 =======
Yes, I used it for a Canadian dissertation (which wasn't very good..).

I remember I got the document delivered by snail mail (similarly they didn't have a PDF delivery option). The document arrived loose-leaf (they didn't even put it in a folder). I also had problem placing and tracking my order, and I wasn't entirely sure who was dealing with it. I think it arrived within about two weeks; on the basis that I cannot remember chasing it up.

Just to add: I checked my emails to see if I had a receipt archived from Proquest but didn't, so don't be surprised if you have no confirmation email.