appendix_online interviews

S

Hi all,
I have employed an online interview (in an writing form via skype chat). Do I have to print out the chat and add it in the appendix?

thanks in advance

H

No, not in appendix but keep it on your computer, in case examiners ask for it.

C

Thank goodness transcripts don't need to go in an appendix - I have a huge lever arch file stuffed to bursting with transcripts, and that's only one study :)

S

Quote From Hugh:
No, not in appendix but keep it on your computer, in case examiners ask for it.

oh really? it sounds good, because there were so many typing errors from the part of the interviewees during the chat. But how to prove that I have employed online interviews, isn't that necessary for validation purposes?

C

I think there has to be an element of trust that you carried out the research you said you did. I ran group sessions with people, for example, and asked them to complete questionnaires - no-one can prove that I didn't just sit at home and complete the questionnaires myself! I think if you keep your own record of the interview as Hugh says, then the examiners can request it if they need to see it.

H

Quote From chickpea:
Thank goodness transcripts don't need to go in an appendix - I have a huge lever arch file stuffed to bursting with transcripts, and that's only one study :)

me too! I think one of my studies' interview transcripts word count was at 90K

S

I see. Thank you guys. I appreciate it.
I hope my supervisor holds the same view as yours. I said I would verify the matter with you first before seeing what he thinks, cos he always surprises me with odd views.