Big Excel Spreadsheets into a Word Doc

K

Hi everyone.

I'm doing some initial drafts now for some chapters of my thesis (I'm 2nd year), mostly methodology. As part of this I have three excel spreadsheets that I want to include and they have 8 wide columns. So that the writing is clear enough to be understood I've included the first four columns as one picture and the next 4 as another picture below the first one.

My question is basically just do you think this might look sloppy? I'm trying to make my thesis as comfortable as possible for the examiners to read, and I figured they need to be able to see the writing....I thought about using a whole page for each picture, but that seemed overly wasteful given that they are not fundamentally important anyway.

Am I overthinking, and if not do you have any thoughts? Would you think this looks unprofessional? Is there another way to do this I am not aware of?

Edit: Just realized this sounds a bit confusing. What I mean is, I have three spreadsheets that I want to include in part of a chapter of my thesis, which I am writing in word. I am worried the way I have done it seems sloppy/unprofessional.

Thanks in advance :)

Have you tried turning the page landscape and fitting the 8 columns in together?

K

Yeah, but ideally I don't want them to take up that much space.

N

You mention that they are not fundamentally important to display...so would they work better landscaped in the appendix? Also, Rewt's advice is great, it's better to put it as landscape than divide it into two sections.

Most PhDs want as many pages as possible, lol.

K

That's a good idea thanks Nad. I might put the spreadsheets themselves in the appendices.