Books for scientific thesis writing

H

I did a quick search but didn't find any previous threads. Anyone come across books that they found really useful for writing, specific for scientific thesis'? Things like setting out, arguments, analysis etc.

Cheers

H

H

Not thesis' theses!

S

Well, former member of Steps I'm not immediately aware of any, but it might be worth asking your sups for copies of some previous successful theses from your department and borrow their style. Anything interesting fallen out of Amazon?

H

I have looked at copies of previous theses from my group which is useful but just wondered if there was anything more general (well specific too). Nothing really from amazon, most of the books I found were not really for science-based.

H

Where have you been sylvester?

S

Yeah, when I looked a couple of years ago, most were generic arts-based books. I wonder whether the specifics of each scientific discipline make it difficult to write a one size fits all book.

S

I've been collecting data overseas and these days I'm an occasional visitor on here (and even an occasional post!). I seem to be taking on watcher tendencies me thinks!

H

Hi H,
Check out Kate Turbian (?sp)for scientific writing and Skunk. Tell me how you get on with it.

H

Thanks hairui, I have ordered the most current edition!

T