Can anyone recommend printers and Binders in London?

C

Hello everyone! I have moved away from my PhD town and need to post my thesis to submit now as I can't get weekdays off. I've searched the internet for printers/binders to get my thesis bound in London at and there is a lot of choice but they all seem quite expensive and not knowing anyone who has used them means I'm unsure of who is reliable.

My thesis needs to be soft bound (hot glue method not ring) and will be about 300 pages. Anyone got any experience of a printer and binder in London they would recommend? Ideally it would be somewhere I could pick up from at weekends/evenings or delivers although I could maybe get away from work early one day to pick it up before 5 if needs be.

I'm jealous of my other PhD buddies who printed for free at our research institute and found places that bind for under £5 a copy as it looks like I'm going be be about £40 a copy after printing and binding but I'm so close to the end that I'd pay more just to make sure it's done.

C

Hi Eds, thanks, I had seen that one, have you used them before? They are one of the more expensive for printing but if I knew that they did a good job them I'll put them on the list of top contenders =)

Yes I have three or four times; I don't spam with adverts but can send photos of the finished product if wanted. Best of luck!

D

I pmed you because I don't want to spam with ads

H

I would look at the various London unis' printing services - many unis have print shops that will provide this service for non students too, just make sure that your uni's requirements are clear in case they differ from local requirements e.g. https://www.studentcentral.london/services/copycats/

H

i got someone else's thesis printed online: epubli.co.uk

they were the cheapest i could find, and reliable. perfect.

Yes, but printing for yourself, you can choose the cheapest option- I didn't see a 'hardbound thesis' option specified, and that's what they'll want.

C

Thanks everyone, I'm narrowing my search! Companies which can post quickly are winning as I am almost an hour away from central London and collecting during office hours would be really difficult =)