can i be accepted with a graduate pass

G

I graduated with a pass at my undergraduate at the Uni. of Zambia in economics but i want to do my masters in the uk except i feel my degree is not strong enuff so which uni. wld u advise that wld accept me?

G

As a few.

G

That should be 'ask' (sorry first thing in the morning).

L

probably none to be honest

L

Hi,
I think that you could very well prove to be an attractive candidate to a university. Though marks are a definite consideration in admission decision, they are not the end all of the process. University administrators look at the entire 'candidate' - your work experiences, travels abroad, community service involvement, honors and awards, publications (if any), and leisure activities and sport all combine with marks to form a candidature profile. I would suggest finding a programme that interests you and writing to the convenor and explaing exactly why you connect with the program and what the criteria for selection are. Another useful website for answers concerning postgraduate life in the Uk is www.postgrad.com. Hope this helps!

G

'I think that you could very well prove to be an attractive candidate to a university'.

From the fee standpoint of being an Intl. student I'm presuming you mean.

G

Thnx Ip0001 for ur help and advice.As for golfpro am not sure u r being objective with ur answers or simply being mean.We may not all be geniuses but don't be sarcastic for the sake of it.In many cases varied circumstances tend to influence people in ways that cloud their futures.Many quit but others keeps the fight until they succeed so none of us should stand on higher moral ground and beat them down because we may be priviledged.Failure is a lesson not to do things the same way next time!

H

I think golfpro is being realistic, not trying to beat you down.

If you are prepared to pay for your Masters, then no doubt you will find a university where you can do your course as fees are normally well over £10,000.

However if you are looking for funding, remember that there are few funded masters courses and even less funding for international students. When there is funding, you will be competing with other international students who have acheived much higher than a pass. What will convince the university that you are the better student?

G

H is correct. I am being wholly realistic. As a fee paying Intl. student you are an attractive (ish) prospective to some Universities. In terms of obtaining funding as an Intl. student with a (very) ordinary degree, your chances are effectively nil. If you find those truths offensive thats your business.

G

Golfpro and all readers of this forum.Am definately not in denial about my chances of chancing a masters in the uk under the current circumstances.Hwever am miles and miles away from the uk and wouldn't be too sure abt the pre-requisites.Hence i requested for those in the know how to enlighten me.And for sure u have been helpful.But this does not mean my earlier sentiments abt golfpro were uncalled for.Even in ur last posting which this time unlike before was more enlightening but still ended with what i do not necessarily think was a polite remark.I bet anyone told off as u did in the last sentence wld take offence but it's ok.Mayb thats just how u come out but not how u mean to come out.More time.