Conditional/unconditional offers?

Y

Hi,
I graduated last year with a 2:1 in Management and am currently studying for a postgraduate diploma in Economics. I have just applied for a masters in Real Estate (CASS) and was wondering what are my chances of getting an unconditional offer? Do universities usually base their decision on the undergraduate degree mark or will they want me to achieve a certain mark in my diploma too? Has anyone been in a similar situation? I am just a bit worried about my final grades for this diploma and would obviously love to have a secure place. Many thanks for your replies :-)

A

hi, as i know, usu. all postgrad offers are conditional, ur undergrad. mark will be important, and so will be your degree classification. there are usu. guidelines for applicants on the university website so they should be able to tell you what mark they expect you to hold

F

Quote From amyvela:

hi, as i know, usu. all postgrad offers are conditional, ur undergrad. mark will be important, and so will be your degree classification. there are usu. guidelines for applicants on the university website so they should be able to tell you what mark they expect you to hold

...I'm undergrad and have an unconditional place for a masters. I think you're generalising too much.

Yuliya: If you've got your degree already I think that's all that really matters to them. I'm not sure how the humanities field works but to the science sector the BSc is all that matters for a masters place anyway, and unconditionals tend to be given to graduates who've already passed their degree.

A

It really depends on them. My MA offer was unconditional, I had a 2:1 like you, in a pretty unrelated subject, but had significant work experience in the field.