Corrections submitted... now a wait

C

Hi all, finally got my minor corrections submitted last night, feeling good! I just wondered what your experiences were at this stage of the PhD? Did you have to wait a long time to have them approved? Do the examiners ever reject your corrections and ask for further work to be done? Ta, Charls

C

Perhaps my questions might be better placed in the post-doc section (mince)

C

Hi Charls,

Many congrats on finishing.

I spoke to my sup earlier and i'd seen your question and so i asked her. She said its usually around 2-3 weeks but she did say that, as with everything, depends on people. On your second question, she said if you both agreed the changes, and came to the same understanding (not always easy!) and you've followed the guidance there's no reason to suspect any further changes will be asked for. Congrats again. Lovely weekend for you. Chuff

B

I finished my corrections within a week of my viva. I emailed them to my viva convenor, but he needed the hard bound copies to sign off. And he was about to go out of the country for a couple of weeks. So that added a delay in my case. As soon as he was back he signed off the corrections immediately, notified Registry that they had been done, and I was contacted re graduation.

C

Thanks guys!

S

Hello! Can anyone provide such details with regards to thesis submission with substantive amendments? It was received about a week ago! Cheers

P

Quote From sdfdsfsdfsdfsdfdsfdf:
Hello! Can anyone provide such details with regards to thesis submission with substantive amendments? It was received about a week ago! Cheers

My experience is probably a complete outlier, but I had to wait five months for my examiners to mark my major corrections/resubmitted PhD. Unis vary on time frame, but I think 3 months is usually the allocated amount of time for examiner to check corrections. Luckily, I received a minor corrections verdict after the 5 month wait and my internal examiner checked my minor corrections within 3 days to enable me to graduate this summer. Looking forward to my PhD graduation :)

M

Quote From Pineapple30:

My experience is probably a complete outlier, but I had to wait five months for my examiners to mark my major corrections/resubmitted PhD.

5 months to mark a thesis!? This should not be acceptable...