date for viva - agh!

F

I only submitted on the 5th Feb and now I have the date for my viva (2nd April), I can't quite believe it. I really thought it would be May, most likely late May. Ah well, I suppose 6 weeks of panic is better than 12 or 14!

Now the work starts again......

B

Just think, you'll be over and done with sooner! Start planning that party

C

Ohhhh! Good luck!

D

Sure you will be fab !

V

the sooner it is over, the better;) keep my fingers crossed:)

J

ya, the sooner the best. the thot of a viva scares me to death.. anyone felt like that in their second year?

F

Thanks guys. Jojo, I have felt like that from day one! I can't believe it is actually going to happen.

D

Aye Jojo, I'm in my second year and thought of viva is nerve wracking!Good luck fluffymonster, I'm sure you'll do great and will be celebrating soon!

J

fluffymonster - 6 weeks.. you'll be fine.

i usually find that practicing in from of the mirror or with a friend who is clueless about the area helps me a lot before conference presentations.... at least with the not being 'tongue tied...' or to put it in another way- managing to express what my research is about.

you could try that. .

deiseal -believe me, i totally know what you're talking about. even talking to my supervisor about my research takes a lot. imagine a whole viva! am planning to do lots of conference presentations, workshops, seminars etc from summer to be able to overcome this. i guess it's being told you're wrong all the time. after a while you just begin to expect it and therefore don't see the point of talking about you're research - my experience anyway

P

Try not to worry FM - I'm sure you'll rock.