Describe a Forumite

Maria, I did a photo shoot once - for a photographer friend - and people said I looked like a cross between Uma Thurman and Kate Winslet (very flattering, although am not sure I look that good in real life). So I think the Winslet thing could be spot onish, on a good day!

J

I always imagined Natassia to have a Russian look about her (I think it's the name). Blonde hair, pretty, very girly but quite headstrong at the same time.

Sneaks, I see as being really funny and a good laugh to be around, but also quite conscientious - likes to make sure thinks are done on time and to a good standard.

I've always imagined Bug to be quite assertive, but sensitive at the same time. I imagine her with mid-length dark hair, and very smart looking. Someone who makes an effort, yet makes it look effortless.

K

Quote From Natassia
Keenbean I imagine as a brunette who comes across as very capable and ahead of her game, I think she would dress quite casually most of the time but then really smart for conferences etc.

Haha, I am indeed a casually-dressing brunette who would dress up for a conference! Not sure about the capable/ahead of her game bit but I am flattered that anybody would think that!

Cool thread. I imagine Natassia to be a really nice genuine and kind person, very capable, but quite a stresshead. I think she is tall with long hair and dresses on trend. I reckon Wal could be quite a serious chap at times, but with outbursts of humour. I think he looks like a serious, intelligent person who dresses quite conservatively but tidily and is well-spoken. I am working on the others...

Best, KB

W

Quote From maria1:

======= Date Modified 12 Mar 2010 09:30:54 =======
I think that:
Eska looks like Kate Winslet.
Walminkskipeasucker looks like Paul Bettany.
Natassia I actually imagined to be Mediterranean looking.

KeenBean is a brunette too and looks like that girl from LOST (Kate).

Hmmm, Paul Bettany. I just Google imaged him and...well done Maria1...you have given the most accurate prediction of the person I least look like in the world. I have green eyes and, as Eska predicted, reddy-brown hair. Apparently, I have a look of Gary Barlow...pfff...I know..

I always imagined Wal to look like the boy from roseanne - I think its because of the haircut thread where he said his hair goes curley if it grows

http://www.90s411.com/images/rosesanne-david-johnny-galecki.jpg

But after the gary barlow and 'reddy-brown hair' - translation = ginger. maybe its damien lewis

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/iphigenie72/damian-lewis.jpg

Or maybe hugh fernley wittingstall.

A

This is a great thread, how funny how we think of each other!
I think of Wal as a lovely guy who dresses conservatively, with the occasional suit jacket (possibly the odd one has those leather elbow patches - i love them!). and likes the finer things like poetry, classical music and has lots of friends, who they all love and go to for support and a laugh when they need cheering up!

Sue - long brown hair, tied up, who likes to dress smart but casual and comfy, with flip-flops (no slippers cos you're lucky enough to live on the warm half of earth!), really laid back, very studious and dedicated and enjoys going out for walks in the nice sunshine, maybe the beach depending on where you live, and has a very full but organised study, that your partner comes into to give cups of tea, cold drinks, snacks and some nice supportive hugs sometimes! :)

Natassia, i though of quite the same with long blonde hair and possibly spanish looking.

Like Jimkim:
Sneaks, I see as being really funny and a good laugh to be around, but also quite conscientious - likes to make sure thinks are done on time and to a good standard.

I've always imagined Bug to be quite assertive, but sensitive at the same time. I imagine her with mid-length dark hair, and very smart looking. Someone who makes an effort, yet makes it look effortless.

I agree with these!

And Cakegirl for some reason abit like Izzy in Greys, (Katherine Heigl), who likes to make cakes at random times of the day and night to help relax and destress!

Thats all for now! :)

D

Hmmm, I'm a bit of an 'old timer' on here so don't really know a lot of you (the nature of the beast I guess) but I remember when we had a similar thread way back when. It's always surprising how people are nothing like you imagine! And have some very good friends off here, fortunately!

Have any of you lot become friends away from on here? (Sorry for the slightly off thread question!)

P

I'd really love to get to know some of us offline but anonymity is important for many of us.. me too, really, but I'd love to meet some of folk I chat to on here :)

I've remember you Danb - although I was probably more of a Lurker when you were posting more often. I do seem to remember that there is a facebook group somewhere for PGF memebrs. and I do think there have been a few PGF meets - but I've always been a bit concerned about anonymity, especially joining the facebook group because everyone at my uni would see that i have done that and maybe make the link.

Maybe when we have all finished we can all meet up. I'm very tempted to thank everyone from the forum in my acknowledgement page so eventually you will see it on ethos (its bad when you spend more time thinking about acknowledgments than actually writing the thesis)

ah ha http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=30692046970

Seriously mods - the videos of Foxy the Gerbil clearly demonstrate that you procrastinate far more than any of us!

P

Sneaks I've written many acknowledgements many times lol :)

I'd really love to meet some of you guys some day - Sneaks, Stressed, Keep-Calm, Wally, Keenbean, Eska...

Never mind, for all you know we may have met already!

Bug

@Jinkim - spot on about me!! (all the good things are sooo true)

D

Quote From sneaks:

I've remember you Danb - although I was probably more of a Lurker when you were posting more often. I do seem to remember that there is a facebook group somewhere for PGF memebrs. and I do think there have been a few PGF meets - but I've always been a bit concerned about anonymity, especially joining the facebook group because everyone at my uni would see that i have done that and maybe make the link.

Maybe when we have all finished we can all meet up. I'm very tempted to thank everyone from the forum in my acknowledgement page so eventually you will see it on ethos (its bad when you spend more time thinking about acknowledgments than actually writing the thesis)

Yeah I think the anonymity thing is tricky. I think we all set up rather anonymous sounding hotmail accounts and then would often chat on MSN and eventually felt we could trust each other a bit before saying who we really were. I guess now with the messaging system on here it would help a bit. But seriously, you might just make some great friends from it .

And as part of my acknowledgments I have named people I have made friends with originally through here. 8-)

S

Quote From alpacalover:

Sue - long brown hair, tied up, who likes to dress smart but casual and comfy, with flip-flops (no slippers cos you're lucky enough to live on the warm half of earth!), really laid back, very studious and dedicated and enjoys going out for walks in the nice sunshine, maybe the beach depending on where you live, and has a very full but organised study, that your partner comes into to give cups of tea, cold drinks, snacks and some nice supportive hugs sometimes! :)

Hahaha! Red bob actually AL. Yes, casual dress, love to wear retro clothes when I do go out. I also love slippers and own at least 2 pairs at any one time! Australia might be comparatively warm, but the city I live in can get cold. Right about the walks and partner too. :-)

I actually don't imagine people much - I don't think I'm very imaginative really, well, not in that way. But AL, I think you probably have long blonde hair, also wear your lab coat all the time, are very professional looking, and have a sweet boy with a nice smile. ;-)

H

Quote From DanB:

Quote From sneaks:

Yeah I think the anonymity thing is tricky. I think we all set up rather anonymous sounding hotmail accounts and then would often chat on MSN and eventually felt we could trust each other a bit before saying who we really were. I guess now with the messaging system on here it would help a bit. But seriously, you might just make some great friends from it .

And as part of my acknowledgments I have named people I have made friends with originally through here. 8-)

Me..... ? :p

A

Quote From Sue2604:

Hahaha! Red bob actually AL. Yes, casual dress, love to wear retro clothes when I do go out. I also love slippers and own at least 2 pairs at any one time! Australia might be comparatively warm, but the city I live in can get cold. Right about the walks and partner too. :-)

I actually don't imagine people much - I don't think I'm very imaginative really, well, not in that way. But AL, I think you probably have long blonde hair, also wear your lab coat all the time, are very professional looking, and have a sweet boy with a nice smile. ;-)

heehee, well you're right about the nice sweet boy and his smile, and I did used to wear my lab coat all the time, which was always covered in colourful stuff - but I liked it that way! :) luckily now i never have to wear one though! And i have shoulder length, brown curly hair!
So glad to hear you have lots of slippers, I live in mine, and my fuzzy fleecy socks things that are brilliant and comfy! :)