Do you indent paragraphs?

I can't work out what to do so...

A

I don't indent the first one of the section but indent all others.

A

I never used to indent paras but just put the double space...but yest I gave my first draft of my lit review to my supervisor (new Uni) and she told me to indent the paras. I still personally prefer the double space, but Oh well...I am interested to see what others say as well. Thank you for this

Yeah, my sup indents mine for me when she edits, but its annoying me - I'd rather double space, but I want it to be 'right'.

C

Hi sneaks,

Quote From sneaks:

my sup indents mine for me when she edits.

Is she trying to be a pain in the arse or does it come naturally ? Seems like a power game to me, silly woman.

Is there a convention in your field, if so.. i guess i would follow suit else.. if you like double space, then double space... make a stand for the little people :-)

I double spaced, although i toyed with the indent but i prefer the look of a bit more white space.

Hope work has calmed down for you now, you sound less stressed ? or are you too stressed to write about it ;-)

I think she does it because that's how people used to write before word processors - I reckon that it looks nicer with clear breaks. We do have to follow APA format though so I'll check that.

it may be she's going on APA format version 1 (circa 1805 or something) and the updated one is different (?)