DONT QUIT - here's why...

O

Hey guys - I am quite new here, and I wanted to share some experience. I hope it helps just one person here because the life of a PhD IS HARD as heck!!

I hated PhD life to start with, I had imposter syndrome constantly - never feeling good enough. I had supervisors that were harder to get hold of than a bartender in a nightclub. When we did meet they were vague, unhelpful and often made things harder. My colleagues seemed to be so much more together than me. On top of all of that I am dyslexic, my relationship was falling apart and I was drinking way too much to cope.

I WANTED TO QUIT...

So I decided to do something about it and make some changes. I exercised more, and began to plan - but I needed more help. I came across an online Coach in the UK, someone who has been through it before (actually someone who has STRUGGLED through it before) and now runs successful research consultancies and coaching company and 'gives back' to PhDs who are struggling with super discounted rates.

I wasn't sure at first, but we met weekly, and I was BACK ON TRACK, focussed and feeling much better. Why? He kept me accountable, he understood what it is like, and helped me to focus towards completing.

Moral of the story - reach out and get more help - you are not alone!

If you need a coach - reach out and I can make the recommendation.