End Note Question

S

While I select reference type as 'Webpage', if there is no specific author, what should I do? Until now, I have used name of corporate author i.e. BBC in author box. But, the problem is if it is just the one word, the display comes correctly i.e. BBC (2004). Instead, if I have to use the full name, British Broadcasting Corporation, EndNote treats it as the persons name and displays in a strange way i.e. Corporation, B. B. (2004) !!!! I have been correcting manually for this. If I put 'British Broadcasting Corporation' as a publisher, it does not display at all.
Any suggestions please...

M

I think it will work if you put a comma after British Broadcasting Corporation. I've had the same problem and that's what I did.

M

Yes, putting a comma after the complete author title will work. That's what I do too.

On another note, I wonder if I can ask another EndNote question while we're at it? Does anyone know how to select specific fields to print off from the database? What I mean is, I'm trying to print out an overview of my literature only featuring the actual reference and the abstract, and none of the other stuff like URL, 'accessed' date, comments box, etc. This seems like such a basic function to want to use but I've hunted high and low amongst the drop down menus and it's certainly not obvious how to do this (although seemingly it is possible according to someone I spoke to who, frustratingly, couldn't remember how!). Any ideas?

S

Thank you, Moonblue. Wow...It just worked with the comma at the back. THANK YOU !

S

Thank you MissPiggy !! Just checked and it did work. I have never tried printing in such a way and have no idea about it, sorry. I have one more issue, please anyone help with it. While referencing, I directly quote an author (Simon) saying "There was a heavy snow yesterday". While I quote, I write like this: According to Simon, "[t]here was a heavy snow yesterday". I put the capital 'T' in small case 't' in a bracket. Is this the correct way??