Endnote q

C

Endnote has suddenly started struggling with any date beyone 2009. Anyone else had this sort of problem and know what to do about it? I import my references from pubmed of web of science, and though the rest of the resference imports fine every time the year published is 2010 or 2011 it leaves it blank.

Isn't too bad as I can type it in by hand but is a bit annoying.

gggr endnote!

D

I've had this problem as well but unfortunately I haven't found a solution!  I thought it was supposed to make our lives easier but the amount of time I've had to mess around to get the settings right is unbelievable!
:-s

I'd love a solution too! 8-)

B

It should be a bug. I don't have this problem.

C

Unfortunately I can't help, but I can confirm that I also have this problem. It's blind to 2010 or 2011 for some reason. Only takes two seconds to fix, though.

C

Well I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one. Seems to be a weird bug in there then.

Anyway thought I'd put another question out there. I use APA 5th referencing style. Does anyone know an easy way of changing the style to -

Catalinbond (2011) found that using endnote did not increase productivity.

Rather than the default. It has been shown that using endnote did not increase productivity (Catalinbond, 2011).

The only way I've been able to do it in the past is to uncouple the dicument from endnote and then make the changes. Which is ok but means you can't do it til the very end and then can't make further changes.

D

After you import the reference to your document you should be able to click on it and a list of options should come up which allows you to edit it. One of the options should be that you can hide the author so that only the date shows. Hope this helps.

Hi, I also have an Endnote problem.

If I want to add a report etc authored by "British Caterpillar Society"
It just sets the author as British - I can change the actual reference in the text, but cannot seem to change the reference at the end of the document.
The only way I can do it is if I put British-Caterpillar-Society as the author and then I'm stuck with the dashes!!!!

Any ideas??

I've not had the 2010/2011 problem, as yet!!

M

Quote From Caterpillar27:

Hi, I also have an Endnote problem.

If I want to add a report etc authored by "British Caterpillar Society"
It just sets the author as British - I can change the actual reference in the text, but cannot seem to change the reference at the end of the document.
The only way I can do it is if I put British-Caterpillar-Society as the author and then I'm stuck with the dashes!!!!

Any ideas??

I've not had the 2010/2011 problem, as yet!!

I think you just put a comma after Caterpillar, but I can't check because I'm not on my computer.

I'be had the 2010 problem too - not sure if it happens every time though.

D

I also had that problem - for the full name of the organisation to appear I think you have to put a comma after the last word in the author section so that Endnote knows that is the full name.

So it would be The Caterpillar Society (2011) said that caterpillars are the colours of the rainbow ...

======= Date Modified 27 May 2011 22:14:39 =======
Hi, Thank you Moonblue and Doodles, I've just tried the comma and it works :-)
Soooo simple - now I can't believe I didn't put one there anyway!!!!
Cheers!! (up)