Errors in copying values in Quant results tables

S

Hi all, I'm so glad to have found this forum, its quite relieving reading everyone's viva story. So I have my viva next Friday and a mock on Monday. In the meantime I discovered some grammatical mistakes in my chapters and was super worried in the first read but was okay in the 2nd and 3rd reads.

However just last night I realised I have typed values of upper and lower confidence intervals interchangeably. And now I can only think of being failed . Although they don't change my results. As the results are significant. I cannot fathom how I never noticed that I was putting values under the wrong column.

I'm utterly devastated to the point that I cannot continue to prepare for the viva.

Please suggest what should I do. Copying values wrongly is it a minor revision??

E

Quote From SD2028:
Hi all, I'm so glad to have found this forum, its quite relieving reading everyone's viva story. So I have my viva next Friday and a mock on Monday. In the meantime I discovered some grammatical mistakes in my chapters and was super worried in the first read but was okay in the 2nd and 3rd reads.

However just last night I realised I have typed values of upper and lower confidence intervals interchangeably. And now I can only think of being failed . Although they don't change my results. As the results are significant. I cannot fathom how I never noticed that I was putting values under the wrong column.

I'm utterly devastated to the point that I cannot continue to prepare for the viva.

Please suggest what should I do. Copying values wrongly is it a minor revision??

Hi,
If this interchange does not affect results, it should be fine. You can respond that you discovered it after submission and analysed the impact and find out the results are not changed by this mistake and you will correct them in the revised version.

S

Phew thankyou so much for your response. It's such a relief.

I have my mock viva tomorrow fingers crossed!

P

Are you saying it's essentially a typo: you've labelled some things as upper when they should be lower and vice versa? If so, won't be a problem, just explain and they'll just ask you to change it.