Final Title

D

Hi all,

It is nearly 21 month into my PhD and I have only just managed to crack an 'outstanding' title for my PhD research project!! Yippee!!

Mind you, this is the fourth of few titles that I have had to use.

Is/has anyone experiencing/experienced this sort of problem nearly into their final year? Please share your experience.

DG xx

D

Oh yes, title issues here too! I had an original title that was fairly broad but have rewritten it more specifically now for the thesis write-up. I was allowed minor changes/clarification of the title to better reflect the thesis content. I found that my work could go in several directions depending on the experimental outcomes so fortunately my title was allowed to reflect this! Could always modify it again slightly but not sure if I can at this late stage (5 months to submission!).

A

I'm at the other end of the scale, with my title in place 9 months before the funded studentship was even advertised. Not necessarily a good thing, tho', as the more I read about the topic, the more I want to adjust the emphasis/specify the interpretation.

C

In don't partcularly like my title, it's too long and the average word length in it is ridiculous! I've used variations on the same title throughout my PhD and always thought I'dcome up with something better in the end...I didn't!