Going through restless phase

S

Hi everyone! For the past couple of weeks, I've been unable to focus on my work. I'm having a really difficult time keeping still, so as you can imagine, this makes studying difficult! I just find that I want to be more active, and actually doing stuff rather than sitting at my desk for hours on end. Has anyone else experienced this feeling, like you just can't stay put and are having real trouble focusing? I've been feeling well achy from sitting for too long, and find that moving around alleviates it. Any suggestions of how I can keep active but also attend to my work?! Cheers!

S

I know that we all suffer from time to time with concentration and motivation, but I seem to be getting this alot. For the past month, I've done very little work. I only realised this morning just how little I've actually completed and started to panic!

J

I'm going through the same phase, for the last two weeks. Instead of working, I am currently wasting a lot of time and destroying the progress I made over the last few months. Last week, I've been to the beach every day instead of working. Today, I've been cleaning my car, inside, outside, every single wheel trim and so on to avoid actually doing some work. It's really bad.

J

I think it's called "summer"

B

Yeah, me too. I start the day with the greatest of intentions, and then get distracted by 101 other things. Before I know it, it's 5:30 and I have only read 25 pages of my book! My lack of motivation is reaching its critical phase now. No matter how hard I try though, I can't seem to get motivated! This has been happening sporadically since I started the PhD, but I'd say the last three weeks have been the worst time in terms of how much I've actually accomplished. The trouble is, the longer it goes on, the harder I'm finding it to get moving!