How do you deal with "blockouts"?

S

You keep reading, working, trying to meet the deadline and at some point - surprise! You can't work anymore - your head is "blocked", you are exhausted, and, especially, when reading a lot, you just physically can't study anymore. However, the deadline is coming up soon and you have to stick to your plan. I may jog tomorrow morning to freshen up a bit, but it may help only for 2-3 hours.

S

Shut down PC, turn off TV, don't read any subject related to your project.
Make a nice fresh meal, take a long bath and go to bed as early as possible, may be 9?
I was in your situation last month, slept at 9:30 and woke up 8 am refreshed.

Hope this will help you.

S

Thank you very much! I was thinking to get back to work after surfing here and work for an hour or two. But I like your advice, sounds reasonable to me:-) That's what I'll do now - shut down PC, take a nice bath and just take a rest.:-)

T

I agree with someone3. You might get a lot m,ore productive if you switch off for a little while. Jogging sounds like a good idea. Sleep Also have great restorative powers. I stayed up for 3 nights on the run before handing out my thesis and these were this was the lowest quality work I did for a while. As long as you stay reasonably organised, you should be able to meet deadlines without going over the top. Good luck..