How long did it take for you to do your corrections?

L

======= Date Modified 06 Mar 2011 10:34:39 =======
I have done all my other corrections but i still have to re-write a chapter, i can't concentrate and have only over a month to go to do this, on top of that I have a full time job. The chapter is about 20 pages long, it's the explaining things part that I have to re-write. Sometimes i wish i didnt do a PhD

any advice? anyone experience this?

:-(

D

Sorry but I'm not in a position to answer your question but you're so very nearly there, just keep going and you'll get there and when you do it'll all be behind you. YOU CAN DO IT. I'm rooting for you!!!

D

I am also not at your stage yet, but you have just a small hurdle to accomplish so you can do it. I would suggest breaking this chapter re-write down into very small chunks so that it is not as overwhelming. Make a plan to give yourself manageable time to tackle each of these chunks. Is it possible to speak to your supervisor for extra clarification and motivation? Maybe some leave from work may help to allow a concentrated period of time on the chapter. Don't give up as you are so nearly there, well done for getting so far.

L

Thanks guys! I know I can do anything if I put my mind to it, I just feel so overwhelmed at the minute, it's not possible for me to take time off work now so am stuck with weekends and evenings. I try not to look at the whole picture but it ends up that i always do.:$

D

You can do it - just think after this you'll be free! Have you done a detailed chapter plan so you can see where everything fits and do a little bit at a time? Hope this helps. Good luck (up)

L

Thanks Doodles :-)

My structure of this chapter will remain the same, my problem is i am not very good at explaining things, they are not doubting my results but my ability explain them properly/thoroughly. At the viva the external examiner said he saw a PhD in it, but I took a few months off after my viva as working on it for three 3yrs constantly meant I was in real need of a break, but it's hard to get back into it. I will keep you all updated of my progress. Sorry about the vent, but I dont feel i can talk to people about it sometimes :-)