I'm loving endnote so much...

C

...I want to have its babies...

Honestly. What a gem!

T

I love it too

H

I like it but I wouldnt want to have babies with it.....

T

i'd have its babies but wouldnt want to be stepping on chrisrolinski's toes

S

Need to download it from our University server, but can't find it (so have a growing bibliography in Word)

B

I dont like endnote. Reason- cite while you write. It only inserts the author and year in BRACKETS. However, this is not what is always required. I.e. According to Jones (2005) etc. Any suggestion? Apart from the obvious.

H

I don't bother with the cite as you write, it doesn't exactly take long to type out:

Jones (2005) believes blah blah blah blah

Or

Blah Blah Blah (Jones, 2005)

What is really annoying is typing in those long long names where I always spell them wrong

T

Bazzab you can edit the format for 'Jones (2006)' by simply right clicking on the reference you want to change, select 'edit citation' then tick the 'exclude author' box which will then just give you the year in brackets and you can write the authors name before the brackets.

K

You can change the format of the citations to whatever you like I think, but I suppose if you need two different formats in one document then that wouldn't work.

S

Tricky. You are a god. I never realised you could do that in EndNote. Now I can go back saying stuff like "Smith (1992) said...". Brilliant. If I was DanB I'd give you a big hug.

T

I am just like an ASDA worker 'Happy to Help'

C

Just a pity it can't make a cup of tea. Whatever happened to those teasmade that used to be on bedside tables in the 70s?

T

Haha yeah I remember those, my mum used to have one

R

I don't like it - it doesn't work with OpenOffice It supports RTF, but that looses so much information - why can't it use OpenDocument?